|Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Informatics Associate provides technical and business workflow analysis and end user support for scientific applications used in areas across Preclinical Research, Clinical Development and G&A functions to support the company daily operating needs and future growth.
In this role the successful candidate will communicate with scientific application users and leaders to understand their needs and challenges and requirements for software systems. The Informatics Associate will take direct action to respond to needs, troubleshoot problems, and facilitate productivity through utilization of application resources. Responsibilities also include developing business processes and workflows for data management systems, tracking, acquisition, and analysis of data based upon the needs of internal research customers. The role calls for a combination of scientific training and informatics expertise. A strong technical background in Life Science applications, coupled with exceptional customer service skills is needed.
- Support end-user applications to help with application functionality, future configurations and troubleshoot basic problems; Learn internal systems to become the knowledge expert.
- Develop scripts, workflows, and automation procedures for routine lab workflows
- Handle escalated technical issues both with IT and Informatics related issues/requests for applications used within the company
- Assist in managing interactions with support resources from software vendors or external help desk(s)
- Collaborate with cross functional groups of experts in other parts of the IT organization as required
- Assist with testing of new system deployments, UAT scripts, and documentation of systems or workflows.
- Work closely with external MSP for HelpDesk items and resolution of higher priority issues pertaining to deployed applications
- Conduct or organize systems/platform trainings for new applications or updates to platforms/applications
- Conduct and/or coordinate system updates across the company. Schedule/Deliver corporate applications trainings.
The qualified candidate will possess a track record of providing software implementation and support services in a life science or healthcare environment. Technical acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated potential to continually grow into new responsibilities are needed. They must be self-motivated and able to work independently, but also recognize when to reach for assistance from other available resources to solve problems. Specific qualifications include:
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical disciplines preferred
- 3-7+ years of relevant professional experience in academic or biopharma research institution
- Training in a relevant life science
- Expert user experience with several scientific applications for biology, chemistry, or pharmacology such as LIMS, SDMS, Data Visualization, ELN’s and others.(Biovia, IDBS, ChemAxon, Dotmatics, related)
- Familiarity with clinical systems such as EDC, eTMF, CTMS and others would be beneficial but not required
- Familiarity with scientific software used for computation and visualization.
- Ability to create automation scripts using shell scripting, Python, SQL, and related scripting and query languages, experience with tools such as Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Tableau is a plus
- Experience supporting researchers and scientists in biotech/pharma, or equivalent academic research computing environment.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.